Copper has many advantages as a pipe material and has been used in the plumbing industry for more than 60 years. Some of coppers strong points include:
- Copper meets or exceeds local plumbing codes in all 50 states.
- It’s resistant to corrosive elements, high temperature, and high pressure.
- It maintains is integrity as it ages.
- It is essentially maintenance free during its service life.
- It is nonflammable in the event of a fire.
- Copper is easy to thaw in the event that it freezes. It has a low contraction rate and expansion rate associated with temperature changes.
The list can go on and on: Copper inhabits bacterial growth and it can be tested immediately after installation. Copper is all natural and has premium value when recycled.
Annealed copper is soft copper that is regularly used for main water supply lines between a house and the water utility’s main pipe. Soft copper in this installation allows for a single piece of pipe to be used and avoids the need to solder and connect various lengths of tubing for the same purpose.
Call the experts at James Vito Plumbing for free estimate on re-piping your home today!