Would you like your current heating and cooling system to be more efficient but use less energy? Do you sometimes wish the rooms in your home would heat or cool more evenly while also being more cost-effective? What if you could have all of those features, plus cleaner air inside your home that is better for the environment?
If any or all of those features interest you, then Radiant Heating might be something to consider this season!
Radiant Heating is best described as the warm effect you feel from a hot stovetop across the room or the feeling of the sun warming your face and clothes even on a cold day.
In “Science Terms,” Radiant Heat is transmitted through electromagnetic waves that convert to heat once intercepted and absorbed by objects. The warm surfaces radiate to the people in the room creating an even and comfortable environment.
In “HVAC Terms,” Radiant Heating Systems raise the temperature of all objects in the room, such as floorboards and furniture, and those heat waves get sent into the living spaces.
Radiant Heating and Cooling Systems have a number of advantages, including consuming far less energy than a standard forced-air HVAC System. Radiant Heat systems are also more efficient since they eliminate duct loss and provide cleaner indoor quality since they do not distribute allergens as with a typical forced air HVAC system.
Hydronic Radiant Heat Systems are the most popular and cost-effective radiant heating systems, especially for residential HVAC systems. Hydronic (liquid) radiant floor systems pump heated water from a boiler through tubing laid in a pattern under the floor.
If you have ever stepped out of a shower and onto a heated floor, then you are familiar with underfloor heating. But Radiant Heat has come a long way since just being used for Heated Floors, and by controlling the flow of hot water you can now control individual room temperature through your Smart Thermostat.
Underground Radiant Heating is also used outdoors, especially for heated driveways and heated patios. Hydronic Radiant Heat is also used in most outdoor heated floors, in most cases still pulling enough water from the original boiler but an additional exclusive water source can be added as well.
Benefits of radiant heat systems include:
– Cost-Effective: Radiant Heat Systems consume little electricity and can save you as much as 30% on your Heating & Cooling bills.
– Energy Efficient: The cost of warming water from your boiler is minimal and energy-efficient with no risk of energy loss via leaking ducts in Radiant Heating & Cooling HVAC Systems.
– Room-by-Room Control: With Radiant Heat, you can create various zones via a Smart Thermostat, meaning you could maintain a warm floor in a bathroom while keeping the adjacent bedroom cooler!
– Space: All Radiant Heated Tubes are below the floor and out of sight.
– Cleaner Air: Radiant Heating & Cooling Systems are not susceptible to the indoor air quality (IAQ) problems that come with ductwork in forced air-based systems.
Vito Services, which has been serving the DMV since 1934, installs new radiant heating systems and also handles repairs, replacements, and radiant heat & cool maintenance. If you are interested in feeling the effects of Radiant Heat in your home, Schedule an Appointment Online or Call Vito Services Today!